By contributing writer Brandy Ferguson
This smothered chicken is one of our family’s favorite meals. The only thing that could make it any better would be letting it cook all day in the crock pot, and so that’s exactly what I did.
Four ingredients come together to make a wonderfully tender, cut-it-with-a-fork chicken breast with such amazing flavor! Be sure and ladle the extra gravy straight over your rice. Yum!
Smothered Chicken in the Crock Pot
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream and soup, then pour about a cup into the crock pot.
- Wrap the bacon around the perimeter of each chicken breast, then place in crock pot.
- Pour remaining soup/sour cream mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over brown rice.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.