I have a son who loves chicken pot pie. It is his favorite meal and he could probably eat an entire pie himself if there was ever enough. I’ve used several recipes over the years, but this one is by far my family’s favorite chicken pot pie recipe.
Chicken Pot Pie
- Place peeled and diced potatoes in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- While the potatoes are boiling melt butter in a large saute' pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute' for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth, peas, carrots, and corn and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together heavy cream and flour and slowly add to the vegetable mixture.
- Stir frequently until the liquid comes to a boil.
- As the liquid begins to thicken reduce the heat to low and add potatoes and chicken.
- Fill pie with mixture and then cover with the second crust.
- Poke holes in the top crust to let steam escape while baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.