If you need a festive side dish to serve for your 4th of July celebration, look no further. Quick and healthy, this spinach salad is always a hit even with those who don’t think they like salad – thanks to the sweet berries and flavorful vinaigrette.
Red, White, and Blue Spinach Salad
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 package baby spinach leaves washed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
For the Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar and honey.
- Pour the olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the Salad
- Toss all ingredients together in a large salad bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Fun fact, I eat spinach salad several times a week. I absolutely love fresh spinach (not a huge fan of cooked spinach) and I’m always looking for ways to add a little variety to my daily salads.
I prefer vinaigrette dresses with spinach salad but use whatever you prefer!
Other salad recipes you might also like…
- Egg Salad with Cheddar
- Cuban Chicken Salad
- Fajita Salad
- Grilled Chicken Summer Salad
- Easy Caprese Salad
By contributing writer Andrea Green.
This is a great post. My daughter and I love salads and I think this will be great to have on the 4th of July. GREAT IDEA!!!