Recently we purchased a new grill for our home and I’ve become addicted to outside dinners. Since I can regularly get chicken breast for until $2 a pound around here I’ve been stocking up and we’ve been eating a ton of chicken!
My kids prefer the grilled chicken sliced without any addition of salad, pasta, or sides. My husband and I have become addicted to the grilled chicken salad. I’ve been experimenting with different ways to serve chicken over salad and last night I came up with a delicious new summer salad idea.
You can mix up this recipe based on what you have in the house. I usually make it with sliced almonds and cranberries and when I’m feeling really extravagant I use feta cheese. 🙂
Summer Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- Spring mix salad
- 1 tart apple chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Strawberry vinaigrette
- Mix together all ingredients except chicken and dressing.
- Lay sliced grilled chicken on top of salad mix.
- Drizzle with strawberry vinaigrette dressing.