The following is a post from contributing writer Jacinda.
Part functional, part floral, these pen plants are a beautiful way to write a message. Creatively displayed in a flower pot or watering can, these year-long blooms make the perfect Mother’s Day, anniversary, or birthday gift.
All you need is $5.00, half an hour, and a few materials. No green thumb required!
- 9 ball point pens
- floral tape
- 9 silk flower blooms
- flower pot (or other container in which to display your bouquet)
- pebbles, marbles, or dried beans
- wire cutter
- painter’s tape (or duct tape)
- Using a wire cutter, clip the stem of a silk flower 1″ below the bloom. Curl the wire from the stem to fit around the pen.
- Hole the stem in place with a 2″ piece of painter’s tape.
- Starting at the base, wrap the floral tape around the pen until you reach the bloom and come back down again. Tear the tape at the bottom of the pen.
- Repeat with the rest of the pens.
- When finished, insert them into a flower pot (or other creative container) filled with small stones, dried beans, or marbles.
With pens that double as a gorgeous arrangement, you’ll never have to worry about loosing one again!
You might also enjoy: