Want a cute and patriotic way to display all those photos from 4th of July festivities? Look no further! This DIY flag photo collage frame is inexpensive and easy–and one that the kiddos could even help with too. (Just remember your kids may not be able to make perfect stripes for the American flag!)
DIY Flag Photo Collage Frame
To make, you’ll need 4 wooden frames. (6 would be really cute too for a more traditional, rectangular flag shape), red, white, and blue paint, paintbrush(es), mod podge, stars (you could use stickers, free hand cut them, or use an electronic cutter like a Cricut or Silhouette).
1. Gather your supplies. Remove back and glass plate from frames.
2. Paint the frames. Start with the blue one since you’ll want it to dry first. Then, paint the flag stripes.
It helps to paint the lower two quadrants together so that the stripe lines are more even. You could get extra detailed & use painters tape for the lines if you want. After painting, make sure you give them adequate drying time.
3. Once the blue frame is dry, decide on your star layout.
4. Mod podge on the stars. Let dry.
5. Attach frames together. This could be done in a variety of ways–staple gun, wood glue, hot glue, or any combination of those supplies. It doesn’t matter what you use as long as it will hold the frames together.
6. Decide on your photos, put the glass and backs in, then display your flag photo collage on the wall!
7. (optional) If your frames don’t have a hanger, then you can attach wire to the back and hang that way. Use a bow or some other embellishment to cover the wall hanger.
Enjoy displaying your favorite 4th photos in your flag photo collage frame.
Hope everyone has a very fun and safe 4th of July weekend, celebrating this great country of ours!
*This post was written by Sara. Read more from her at Mom Endeavors.