The following is a post from contributing writer SnoWhite.
This fudge is a real treat! It’s been a family favorite at my house for years. Tastes just like a snickers bar — only better. The recipe makes 8 dozen squares of fudge, so plan ahead and give this as a gift this year.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips divided
- 3/4 cup real creamy peanut butter divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts chopped coarsely
- 14 ounces caramels unwrapped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter together until smooth; stir frequently.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish that has been lined with foil. Chill until set.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the sugar and evaporated milk. Boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, vanilla, and marshmallow cream.
- Stir in coarsely chopped peanuts; it's best if these are salty.
- Spread the peanut mixture over the chocolate layer in the pan. Chill for 1 hour, or until set.
- When center layer is set, place the unwrapped caramels in a microwave safe bowl, add the whipping cream, and heat for 30-second intervals until caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the caramel layer over the filling. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup dark chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter and heat until melted and well combined, stirring frequently.
- Pour the chocolate layer over the caramel layer.
- Refrigerate fudge for at least 1 hour before slicing.
You might also like…
- Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Ten Minute Microwave Fudge
- Quick and Healthy Fudge
- Quick and Easy Chocolate Mousse Dessert
- Chocolate Peanut Brittle