I’m so excited to be part of an awesome group of bloggers for a Holiday Sweets and Savory Treats recipe exchange! Because sometimes you just need a little sweet to go with a savory treat during the holidays. I decided to make a Chocolate Peanut Brittle that gives you a satisfying crunchy dessert drizzled with chocolate, of course!
Chocolate Peanut Brittle
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups roasted and salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons butter plus extra for parchment paper
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 ounces chocolate candy chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Use paper towel to spread thin layer of butter over entire parchment paper.
- Prepare all ingredients so that they’re ready to stir in. Some steps happen quickly and you’ll want to have everything standing close by. Make sure that you have a metal or wooden spoon so it doesn’t melt.
- In a large pan, attach candy thermometer so that it is in the liquid but not touching the bottom of the pan.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in the pan. Stir over medium high heat until sugar is dissolved. Now don’t stir it again. Just don’t!
- Bring liquid to 300 degrees (hard crack stage). Remove from heat and immediately stir in peanuts, butter, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar. The mixture will get foamy and start to harden.
- Quickly pour into the prepared pan and spread it out.
- Allow it to cool completely before breaking into pieces. This will usually take about 50 minutes or so.
- Melt candy chips with coconut oil in microwave. Dispense from condiment squeeze bottle to apply a drizzle of chocolate to each piece or you can use a spoon to drizzle if you don't have a bottle.
- Store in an air tight container.
Now onto what everyone has shared in our Holiday Sweets and Savory Treats recipe exchange, so you can find some more new and tasty recipes to enjoy this holiday season!
- Cherry Snowball Christmas Cookies from I’m an Organizing Junkie
- Chocolate Chunk Toasted Pecan Oatmeal Cookies from Life Your Way
- Chocolate Peanut Brittle from The Happy Housewife
- Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Trifle from Mom Endeavors
- Double Chocolate Candy Bar Pretzel Bark from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Black Currant Scones from Good Cheap Eats
- Frozen Inspired Vanilla Raspberry Bites from Bargain Briana
- Gumdrops from Hoosier Homemade
- Microwave Caramel Corn from Ashley Pichea
- Nutter Butter Snowman Cookies from Mom’s Tool Box
- Old Fashioned Christmas Cookies from Mommy Hates Cooking
- Sugar Cookies for Dummies from Happy Little Homemaker
- Bacon and Spinach Frittata Bites from Life as MOM
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus from Jo-Lynne Shane
- Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts from The Finer Things in Life
- Black Bean and Avocado Salad from Kitchen Stewardship
- Cheesy Pesto Crescent Bites from Andrea Dekker
- Easy Cheesy Vidalia Onion Dip from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Homemade Sausage Balls from The Humbled Homemaker
- Kale Spinach Bites from For the Love Of
- Toasted Pecans from My Blessed Life
- Trio of Cream Cheese Appetizers from Eat at Home Cooks
- White Cheddar Cranberry Bites from Parenting Miracles
Which recipes are you most looking forward to try? And, are you more of a savory person or a sweet treat person?