by contributing writer Kristia
Peaches & strawberries are a perfect pair in this delicious dessert. Top this fruity crisp with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy the fruits of summer.
Peach & Strawberry Crisp
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 7 X 11 inch baking dish with butter or non-stick baking spray.
- Mix the peaches, strawberries, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar together and pour into the baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, and cinnamon together with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the peaches and berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the peaches are bubbly and the crumb topping is golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.