Peaches & strawberries are a perfect pair in this delicious dessert. Top this fruity crisp with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy the fruits of summer.
Peach & Strawberry Crisp
- 6 peaches peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 7 X 11 inch baking dish with butter or non-stick baking spray.
- Mix the peaches, strawberries, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar together and pour into the baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, and cinnamon together with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the peaches and berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the peaches are bubbly and the crumb topping is golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.
During the summer months strawberries and peaches are “in season” so remember to wait for sales to purchase them. Also be on the look out for super fresh fruit at your local farmer’s market or produce stand.
Many places in the south have family farms where you can pick your own fruits, especially berries. It’s a great outdoor activity for the family and the kids will be more likely to eat anything they help make!
You can make this strawberry peach cobbler the day before and heat it right before it’s time to serve dessert.
by contributing writer Kristia.