I love meals that use up leftovers and can be made in one dish! This fried rice recipe is so simple and quick you’ll be wondering why you haven’t been making it on busy nights for years.
If you want to add meat to your fried rice you can use steak, chicken, pork, or even ground beef. I used a marinated pork loin in this recipe, but you can serve it with whatever is on sale or you have leftover in your fridge.
The secret to delicious fried rice is old and cold rice. (Say it again, old and cold….) You’ll want to either use leftover rice or make your rice earlier in the day and keep it in the fridge.
Another trick is to use a can or bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Yes, there are days when I feel very motivated and love to chop up veggies like a chef, but most days I don’t feel like it nor do I have the time. In this recipe I used a can of mixed vegetables, but a bag of frozen works as well.
Easy Fried Rice
- 4 Cups Cooked white rice remember to make ahead and store in the fridge
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Can Mixed vegetables you can also use frozen or fresh
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs cracked and scrambled
- Cook the rice ahead of time and store in the fridge.
- In a large skillet or wok turn heat on medium and add olive oil.
- Add rice. Stir frequently.
- In a separate bowl crack eggs and cook like you would scrambled eggs.
- Using the spatula, chop up the scrambled eggs into small bits.
- Add scrambled eggs and can of vegetables to the rice.
- Continue to stir the rice.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook until everything is heated through and the rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan.
A few tips while making this recipe. Remember to stir the rice and vegetable mixture constantly. If you don’t the rice will burn to the bottom of the wok and it will take days to scrub it off. (Ask me how I know??)
As I mentioned before, you can serve this with any meat you like. I served it with a marinated pork loin that I breaded and cooked on the stove, but you can use anything you like. You can also mix your cooked meat right into the rice.
This recipe cooks very quickly. You’ll want to have all your ingredients ready to go so the rice doesn’t burn.
This simple dinner can be made in about 25 minutes from start to finish (as long as you made your rice ahead of time) and is cheaper and healthier than ordering a pizza or heading to the drive-thru!
Leave a Reply