I’m not a huge fan of ice cream, not sure why as everyone else in my family LOVES it. I mean could eat it straight from the carton loves it. My children will do almost anything for the promise of an ice cream cone.
So when I found out this week’s waffle challenge was to include Breyer’s ice cream into the recipe I knew my kids would be thrilled. I do however love cones, especially waffle cones. I started to wonder if ice cream on a waffle would be as good as ice cream in a waffle cone?
Let me tell you, it is better. Really it is quite delicious. I ate the whole thing. Which never, ever happens.
Oven Fried Ice Cream on a Waffle
- Breyer's Ice Cream
- Eggo Waffle
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- Chocolate syrup
- Scoop Breyer's ice cream into balls and place on baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Crush cinnamon cereal in a plastic bag, the pour into a bowl.
- Roll ice cream balls in cinnamon toast crunch.
- Place back in the freezer to set for 3 hours.
- Set the oven to broil. Broil the ice cream about six inches from the top for about 30 seconds.
- Place on a toasted waffle.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
I’m partnering with Eggo as a Chief Waffle Officer to share fun recipes over the next two months. All opinions, recipes, and sticky fingers are mine.