By contributing writer Tessa
This No-Bake Key Lime Pie is a perfect dessert for those days that you do not feel like turning on your oven! It has bright, fresh flavor and is super easy to whip together! It also uses good-for-you ingredients. Have fun with the crust. Any pre-baked tart crust will do, so just use your favorite. In this recipe I have included a raw crust to keep the whole recipe out of the oven.
Impress someone today!
No-Bake Key Lime Pie (Paleo)
For the Crust
- 1 cup raw almonds or any raw nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of one lemon
- Optional: stevia to taste I used 5 drops
For the Filling
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked a minimum of one hour, longer is great! Drain. Macadamia nuts work well too.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup full fat canned coconut milk or homemade thick and creamy nut milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey I replace half with liquid stevia equivalent
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Grated zest of 1-2 limes Essential to the lime flavor. Don't leave it out!
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For the crust, process almonds in a food processor until you have meal/flour consistency.
- Add remaining crust ingredients and pulse until well blended. You should be able to press the mixture together into a crust. Add more honey/lime juice if necessary.
- Press into greased individual tartlet pans or muffin tins, or make them into a bar using an 8 x 8 pan, or a pie pan.
- For the filling, process all ingredients until silky smooth (multiple minutes) in your food processor or high powered blender
- Taste and add more sweetener if you prefer, or more lime!
- Spread into the awaiting crust, and refrigerate until set and ready to eat.