By contributing writer Kristia
For a different variation of grilled chicken, try these Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kebabs. Grilling the pineapple brings out the fruit’s sweetness and it goes well with the vegetables and marinated chicken.
Serve the kebabs with rice and a large salad. If you have leftovers, use them to make wraps for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
Pineapple Chicken Kebabs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut evenly into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pineapple cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- approximately 12 12-inch skewers, bamboo or metal
- The chicken, pepper, onion, and pineapple should all be cut into bite-sized pieces, but still large enough to thread onto skewers.
- Place the chicken in a shallow bowl or pan. Combine the orange juice, soy sauce, oil, and garlic cloves and pour over the chicken. Make sure the chicken in completely coated. Place the chicken in the refrigerator and marinate for at least an hour or more.
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Place peppers and onions in a small bowl and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- If using bamboo skewers, they need to soak in water for 30 minutes before using. Thread the chicken, peppers, onions, and pineapple onto skewers. Don't thread too tightly, leave some space between pieces so the food can cook evenly and properly.
- Place chicken skewers on grill and close lid. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn the skewers and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
You might also like…
Love to grill? Check out our Grilling Recipes Pinterest Board for more inspiration:
Follow The Happy Housewife’s board Grilling Recipes on Pinterest.