By contributing writer SnoWhite
Salsa chicken in the slow cooker is an incredibly easy dinner to prepare for your family. Toss in some pineapple and black beans and serve over brown rice.
It’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo and works great during warm months when you don’t want to heat up your house by making dinner.
Salsa Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 1 8 ounce jar of salsa (mild, or spicy)
- 1 14 ounce can of black beans
- 1 14 ounce can of pineapple (rings, chunks or tidbits)
- Place 4-5 chicken breasts in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Pour one jar of salsa over the chicken.
- Pour in one can of pineapple (juice included).
- Drain and rinse one can of black beans; add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve warm over rice.
Other slow cooker recipes you might like…
- Smothered Chicken: Slow Cooker
- BBQ Pork: Slow Cooker
- Cherry Apple Pork Loin: Slow Cooker
- Apricot Pork Chops: Slow Cooker
- Chicken Legs & Wild Rice: Slow Cooker
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.