Wondering what to make for dinner? Check out my family’s favorite easy crock pot recipes for great dinner ideas!
I’m usually a pretty organized, on-the-ball person. So you can imagine when I went to make Pioneer Woman’s peach whiskey chicken recipe and I realized that I had purchased pork chops not chicken and apricot preserves not peach. And I also didn’t have any whiskey, although I never do so that didn’t surprise me.
I decided to create my own crock pot recipe, apricot pork chops. While I prefer my BBQ pork roast in the crock pot, my kids loved this version so it will stay on the menu. We served over rice and I thought it would taste great with a side of pineapple… but I didn’t have any.
If you make this recipe I recommend grabbing some pineapple to go with it. Fresh pineapple is great, but honestly I love the canned stuff! I grew up eating it and I think it is delicious. 🙂
Slow Cooker Apricot Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops bone in
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- garlic salt, pepper (to taste)
- In a skillet saute onions and butter.
- Add pork chops.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- While pork chops are cooking mix together preserves, worcestershire sauce, bbq sauce and spices in the crock pot.
- Add pork chops and cooked onions to the crock pot.
- Add a little bit of water until the pork chops are almost covered.
- Cook in the crock pot on high for one hour, then on low for an additional eight hours or until the pork chops are falling off the bone.
- Serve over rice.
Kimberly Warner says
Does it matter what flavor of BBQ sauce you use?
I used a basic sauce. No maple or brown sugar flavor. I would probably stay away from hickory?
Tammy Foley says
This recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing it. 🙂