In my last post I wrote about having food on hand for those unexpected guests. A trifle is a delicious and beautiful dessert that is sure to make an impression. The ingredients for trifle are ones you can keep on hand in your pantry and freezer.
Easy Trifle Dessert
- Angel Food Cake Mix + ingredients needed on mix
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Cool Whip
- 2 different kinds of frozen or fresh fruit that taste good together.
- Bake the angel food cake according to the directions and cool.
- While the cake is baking make your pudding.
- Once the cake is cool, tear off pieces to line the bottom of your bowl or pan. (A glass bowl is best because you can see the layers.)
- Then spread a layer of pudding over the cake.
- Then add a layer of fruit. If you are using frozen fruit, thaw your fruit first. For this trifle I chose strawberries and bananas.
- Then add your second fruit layer (bananas in this one).
- Repeat until you reach the top of your bowl.
- Top with a layer of whipped cream.