Since many of you have asked if the boy got chocolate syrup in his milk, I decided I needed to respond. I am sad to report that he did not get chocolate syrup for two reasons. First, I didn’t think we had any (it is not something I normally purchase) and second with all the excitement I forgot, and he didn’t bug me about it.
One of my real life friends sent me a recipe for chocolate syrup you can make from scratch. It looks easy, and I will be trying it once we return from our camping trip.
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cocoa and the water in a saucepan.
- Heat and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Boil exactly 3 minutes.
- Remove from burner, add the salt and vanilla.
- Keep in a refrigerator. This will keep for several months.
You might also like…
- Chocolate Peanut Brittle
- Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Cake Doughnuts
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 2 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt