While my family doesn’t suffer from food allergies, many of my friends do. Since we have people over frequently I try to find recipes that everyone can enjoy regardless of their dietary restrictions.
One easy way to allow your dairy free friends to enjoy delicious desserts is to swap your regular milk with Silk Soymilk. Silk Soymilk has 8 grams of protein and no cholesterol.
I’ve been replacing milk with Silk Soymilk in some of our favorite desserts and no one has noticed the difference, in fact they think it tastes better!
Our favorite homemade pudding recipe can be easily made with Silk making it a delicious gluten-free, dairy-free dessert everyone can enjoy. Our recipe doesn’t have eggs in it either, which makes this dessert super allergy friendly.
Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups Silk Soymilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together the milk, sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Turn the heat up to high and continue to whisk as the mixture starts to boil. Stir constantly until the mixture starts to boil.
- Continue whisking as the mixture boils for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla.
- Pudding can be served warm, or placed in the fridge to chill. Stir before serving if chilled.
- Top the pudding with fresh raspberries or (homemade dairy-free) whipped cream.
Everyone who has tried this recipe cannot believe how easy it is to make homemade pudding! This makes a great gift too, just put the dry ingredients in a small mason jar and give it as a gift during the holidays.
Now that berries are in season, this is a great time to make trifles using homemade pudding. It tastes so much better than the pudding from the box and you can make it allergy friendly too! Trifles are my absolute favorite summer dessert, so delicious on a hot day!
To find which local grocers in your area sell Silk products use this store locator and don’t forget to sign up to receive your $0.75 off coupon from Silk!
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.