By contributing writer Tessa
A perfect muffin to greet mom with on Mother’s Day morning, these Gluten-Free Raspberry Streusel Muffins were an instant hit with my kiddos. They ate up the whole batch before I was able to snap a picture!
While I chose raspberries, any berry will work well in this muffin. Choose Mom’s favorite.
Raspberry Streusel Muffins - Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt I used coconut milk yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup light olive oil avocado oil, etc.
- 1 cup organic cane sugar I used part stevia
- 2 eggs an egg replacer should work well too
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon guar or xanthum gum OR 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries or other berry, chopped if large
Streusel Topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown rice or sorghum flour
- 1 tablespoon solid fat butter, coconut oil, palm shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the wet ingredients.
- With the mixer on low, sprinkle in the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then continue with the flours.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Distribute batter evenly in the greased muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, place all the streusel ingredients.
- Using a pastry cutter, fork, or table knives, cut the fat into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.