By contributing writer Kristia
Friends and neighbors give me tons of zucchini at this time of year, so I’m always looking for different ways to use it. These baked zucchini chips are a great snack or side dish for burgers. My picky 5 year old even likes them. They will disappear quickly.
Baked Zucchini Chips
- 2 small zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch thick circles
- 1 cup panko Japanese style bread crumbs
- Â¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Â½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Â½ teaspoon onion powder
- Â½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the panko, Parmesan, and spices in a bowl.
- Dip the zucchini in the egg whites and then coat in the panko mixture.
- Place on an ovenproof baking rack that sits on a baking sheet. If you donâ??t have a baking rack, place directly on a baking sheet that has been coated in non-stick spray
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is golden and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.