by contributing writer SnoWhite
There’s nothing quite like a Friday night pizza night when the ingredients come right out of your garden. No garden? No problem. A fun trip to the farmer’s market will give you everything you need for this delicious pizza.
- 3/4 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach or kale
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine yeast with warm water. Allow the yeast to sit for 3-4 minutes, until foamy.
- Add in salt, olive oil and honey. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 minutes.
- Mix in bread and white whole wheat flour; knead for 5-6 minutes.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a medium-sized (about 10-inch diameter) pizza.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza stone or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce over the top.
- Layer on fresh spinach or kale.
- Layer the mushrooms, sliced thinly, over the top.
- Halve the tomatoes, and sprinkle those over the top.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 425 for 12-15 minutes until cheese is browned.
Leave a Reply