A question from a reader:
Anyone have any ideas (or even one!) for making use of a couple boxes of baby wipes that have dried out? I hate to throw them away!
I wish I had an answer for her, but honestly my kids go through wipes so quickly I don’t think I’ve ever had a box dry out. My biggest issue is losing the travel wipes case! I think I’ve lost at least two cases per kid over the past seventeen years!
I posted the question on my Facebook page and got so many great responses I figured I would share some of them with you.
- Mix up a light solution of baby soap and water – pour into the box and let soak.
- Use them as washcloth at bath time by using like regular wash cloth.
- Keep them in the bathroom to wipe down the counters and toilet. Just wet and add a little handsoap, and viola!
- Use them for wiping off eye makeup.
- Use to wipe noses.
- Use them on your swiffer mop to dust your floors or with mop solution.
- Use the boxes for crayons, art supplies, small toys, keys, hair accessories, or planters.
What do you do with dried out baby wipes?
You might also enjoy these articles on Diapering and Potty Training from The Happy Housewife:
- Cloth Diapering 101 – extensive guide for cloth diapering
- Cloth Diapering – so easy your husband will be changing the diapers!
- Cost Breakdown: Cloth Diapering vs Disposables
- Why I Stopped Potty Training My Kids