The next top round recipe is Sumptuous Steak Stir-Fry. I have to admit I was a little concerned when the beef people asked me to make this recipe because lately my kids haven’t been big fans of stir fry.
I however, LOVE stir fry. It is a great way to stretch meat in a meal as well as use up all those leftover vegetables. I am convinced that you can’t really go wrong with ingredients in stir-fry. After some deep thought (okay not really, it was more like process of elimination and interrogation) I realized that my kids don’t like soy sauce, so I made two batches- one with soy sauce, one without.
You can read the original recipe on the What’s For Dinner website, my modified version is below.
All but one of my kids loved the the steak stir-fry sans soy sauce. Stir-fry is also a great way to sneak vegetables into your kid’s meals. This dish was a hit and is definitely going into my recipe rotation.
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning Steak Stir Fry
- Soy Sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown or white regular rice, prepared without butter or salt
- Marinate the steak in olive oil, Goya seasoning, and minced onion for 2 to 3 hours.
- When you are ready to make the meal, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- While the rice is cooking start chopping the vegetables and the steak. (Depending on the type of rice you are preparing the vegetable chopping and rice cook time will probably be about the same.)
- Try not to spill half the bag of rice all over the floor while measuring it into the pan of boiling water. This will increase prep time and waste rice.
- Once the rice is cooked remove from the heat.
- Using a wok or a frying pan cook the steak on high (I use a tiny bit of butter) for about 3 minutes. You don’t want to over cook the steak.
- Remove the steak from the wok and add vegetables. You’ll want to cook the veggies in the steak juices.
- Cook the vegetables for about five minutes.
- Add the steak and rice to the vegetables in the pan.
- I sprinkled Goya seasoning and added soy sauce and cooked for another minute or two.
- Serve immediately.