Red chili pepper flakes add spice to this flavorful and simple stir fry with chicken, peppers, onion, and cabbage.
Simple Spicy Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thick strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- Add olive oil to a large nonstick skillet. Heat over medium-high and add the chicken to the pan.
- Cook until well done and meat is no longer pink.
- Add in the soy sauce and vinegar and bring it to a boil. Let the mixture thicken, then turn down the heat.
- Add in the yellow bell peppers, green onions, and red cabbage. Cover and let simmer until cabbage softens.
- Sprinkle with red chili flakes and toss well.
You could pickle the red cabbage in lemon juice overnight.