By contributing writer Kristia.
If you are looking for a quick, yet tasty dinner for those busy weeknights, give Orange Chicken & Vegetable Stirfry a try.
Orange Chicken & Vegetable Stirfry
- Juice and zest from one orange
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 12 ounces frozen baby broccoli florets
- 1 red or green pepper cored & seeded, cut into thin strips
- Cooked rice for 4 - 6 people any variety
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt. Add the cornstarch and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan or stir-fry pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan to a plate.
- Add the broccoli and peppers. Scrape the browned chicken bits from the bottom of the pan and stir into the vegetables. This will add more flavor to the dish.
- Add ½ cup water to pan, cover and let the vegetables steam for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the orange mixture back to the pan. Mix together well. Bring to a boil. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve over your favorite cooked rice.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.