The following is a post from contributing writer Brandy.
These baby bell peppers are just perfect for stuffing with your favorite flavors. This recipe can serve as your main dish for dinner or as a healthy, summertime party food.
Fresh, easy, delicious!
Fiesta Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 3 cups shredded chicken breasts boiled or broiled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup 1 package cream cheese
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 1 cup corn drained
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion
- juice of one lime
- handful of cilantro chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- dash sea salt pepper, and cumin
- Boil or broil chicken until done.
- Let chicken cool, then pull apart by hand or with fork.
- Squeeze lime juice over chicken, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, sour cream, and cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Add corn, beans, cilantro, garlic, and onion and stir until well combined.
- Spoon into baby bell peppers (sliced in half).
- Store leftover chicken salad in refrigerator, and use later for quick taco filling or chip dip.