A friend shared this crock pot recipe with me last week and it was a huge hit! It was so easy my five year-old made it (except the chicken part). You’ll love this recipe because it is cheap, healthy, and you probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen!
You can serve this recipe as a soup, or you can use a slotted spoon to drain it a little and serve it in tortillas as a soft taco. No matter how you serve it this crock pot salsa chicken is sure to become a family favorite!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 16- ounce Jars Salsa
- 2 15- ounce Cans Black Beans rinsed, drained
- 16 ounces Frozen Corn
- Sour Cream optional
- Tortilla Chips optional
- Spray crock pot with nonstick spray.
- Trim fat off the chicken breast.
- Place chicken breast at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour salsa, black beans, and corn on top of the chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Take chicken out of the bottom of the crock pot and shred with a fork.
- Mix chicken back into the beans/corn/salsa/ mixture.
- Serve with sour cream and chips.