The following is a post from contributing writer Andrea Green.
If you need a festive side dish to serve for your 4th of July celebration, look no further. Quick and healthy, this spinach salad is always a hit even with those who don’t think they like salad – thanks to the sweet berries and flavorful vinaigrette.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package baby spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar and honey.
- Pour the olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large salad bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.