By contributing writer Kristia
These Pepper Jack Corn Muffins are so yummy and light. They have a subtle kick, so even people who don’t love spicy foods can enjoy these muffins. They pair well with soups, like Chicken & Corn Chowder, Cheddar Potato Soup, Chicken Tortellini Soup, and Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
Make a batch for your next soup night.
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, and egg.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the cheese.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly and remove muffins from pan to cool on a wire rack.
You might also like…