By contributing writer Lynn
We all need quick and easy recipes. In fact, they are my favorite recipes. I love to cook, but the reality is that I am a busy mom like most of you. Quick and easy food is what I need most days.
These easy peanut butter chocolate chips cookies are just that. They are so easy to make and contain ingredients that most of you will have on hand. These cookies are perfect for those times when you need a last minute dessert or snack.
Some in my family deal with food allergies, so I made notes in the recipe on how these cookies can be made more allergy friendly.
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or sun butter or other nut butter
- 1 yellow cake mix or King Arthur gluten free yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter, dry cake mix, oil, and eggs. Stir until well combined. This is a pretty stiff dough, but it will mix together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into balls about 1 inch in size. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and flatten dough slightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then remove to wire rack to cool.