A friend shared this crock pot recipe with me last week and it was a huge hit! It was so easy my five year-old made it (except the chicken part). You’ll love this recipe because it is cheap, healthy, and you probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 16 oz Jars Salsa
- 2 15 oz Cans Black Beans (rinsed, drained)
- 16 oz Frozen Corn
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Tortilla Chips (optional)
- Spray crock pot with nonstick spray.
- Trim fat off the chicken breast.
- Place chicken breast at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour salsa, black beans, and corn on top of the chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Take chicken out of the bottom of the crock pot and shred with a fork.
- Mix chicken back into the beans/corn/salsa/ mixture.
- Serve with sour cream and chips.
You can serve this recipe as a soup, or you can use a slotted spoon to drain it a little and serve it in tortillas as a soft taco. No matter how you serve it this crock pot salsa chicken is sure to become a family favorite!