- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Add baking soda, salt, oats and flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a cookie sheet or stone and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven just before they look done and let them sit on the cookie sheet for another 2 minutes.
These turned out pretty good. The next time I make them I think I will try substituting the brown sugar with natural sugar and see how they turn out. With 3 cups of oats and 2 cups of whole wheat flour these cookies are filling and full of fiber.