Yesterday two semi’s arrived with our stuff. It was overwhelming and satisfying to see our possessions finally being delivered to our new house.
The move was not without incident as one bed arrived broken, another set of bunk beds were not put together correctly and had my boys not moved their bed to rearrange their room last night and noticed the issue, probably would have collapsed on them in their sleep. (Insert mama bear reaction here)
My little girls bed (and the ONLY bed I paid full price for) also arrived with missing pieces. We’ve found a few other issues, but nothing as serious as the beds, which is frustrating because my kids who have been sleeping on the floor for months are still having to sleep on the floor! 🙁
I did get a few pictures of the house before the movers showed up and crammed our stuff in it.
We aren’t finished with the renovation but we were close enough to move in.
Our kitchen should be finished by the weekend, the countertops are being installed this week and we’ll be finishing up the trim and small projects this week.
I really love how the house turned out so far. I know we have so much work to do, but I love seeing my kids running through the halls and playing in their rooms.
Once we get more unpacked I’ll show you some finished photos, but for now here’s a few before and after photos.
More details on what we’ve been up to over the past week coming soon. We’ve basically worked until midnight on the house every night for a week. It has been crazy, we are exhausted, but it will be worth it. 🙂
Removed the wallpaper, painted top of walls with Sherwin-Williams Front Porch. Removed tile flooring replaced with hardwood. Removed closet doors and replaced with paneled doors.
We still need to finish changing the receptacles and get a light.
Family room. Removed sliding glass doors and built a wall. Removed carpet and installed hardwood floors. Replaced fan. Painted the entire room Sherwin-Williams Pure White (including the built-ins). Removed built-in from next to the fireplace. Will be building a place for the television in that space.
Removed all the wallpaper and replaced the carpet. Added orange peel texture to the walls. Repaired water damage to the walls and reframed/ trimmed the windows. Added 4 inch trim around the entire room (carpet went up the wall originally).
Replaced the fan.
Most of our furniture fits, although I miss our basement (aka place to put all the toys). My bathroom is almost finished, we lost a lot of space in our bathroom, so I’m still trying to figure out how to make it all fit. That might be a priority for tomorrow.
Today it was find all the toys!
If our countertops arrive tomorrow I’ll post pictures of those! I’m so excited to have a kitchen again!
Don’t miss a renovation update! Subscribe here and get daily updates delivered to your inbox.
This is part of our ongoing renovation project for our new home in Florida. Our goal is to be done by Thanksgiving or else. Follow the daily accounts of our real life during this DIY renovation process here.