The following is a post from contributing writer Lana (like banana).
My friend called and asked if I was ready to go to the Annual Ornament Party that our mutual friend has every year. After a long road trip, I had totally forgot about the festivities. So I plugged in my handy hot glue gun and got creative!
How to make a simple beautiful damask Christmas ornament for pennies or even free in minutes!
- Jar Lid (any size)
- Scrapbook paper
- Beaded Bracelet (Mine broke months ago…but I just couldn’t throw it away thinking I could use it for something crafty.)
- buttons, bells, beads, or other fun broken bling
- Hot Glue Gun
- wire for hook
This is a personalized project. If you don’t have buttons or bells, use something else. This project is so simple you can interchange what you do have in your craft closet or “junk drawer.”
- Lay out all your materials.
- Hammer the nail into the lid to make a hole for the wire.
The nail doesn’t have to go in very far.
- String the wire into the hole. Later on it can be decorated with a pretty ribbon, if desired.
- Trace the lid using a pencil on your scrapbook paper. Cut out circles and then glue to lid. Be sure to leave enough paper to cover the sides. Use a rubber band to secure the paper until glue dries.
- String bells unto the wire.
- Embellish with buttons. Hot glue a bracelet for further bling.
- Enjoy your new Christmas Ornament made in minutes for pennies.
- Decorate a little tree with just your homemade ornaments.
- Use as gift toppers.
- Surprise your neighbors by leaving a different ornament on their door every day for a week!