Taking the Valentine’s Challenge? Or just like making homemade gifts? Either way, homemade sugar scrub is a great (and frugal) way to give a sweet gift this Valentine’s Day or a great way to pamper yourself! There are SO many different recipes out there, some very simple and some with specialty oils & powders I don’t have. So, I kept it simple–all the ingredients were things I had in the kitchen (consequently, the scrub smells like baking).
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 T colored sugar crystals (pink for Valentine’s day, red for Christmas etc.)
- 4 T Canola oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- (optional: add 4-5 drops of any additional extract or essential oils you have in whatever “flavor” you like)
*some recipes call for extra virgin olive oil, but I found that the scent of the oil was hard to disguise
- Mix sugars together.
- Stir in oil & extracts (just enough for the sugar to be well-coated, not runny)
- Place in a fun/decorative jar (this amount fit perfectly in an 8 oz. canning jar), add some ribbon, a decorative label, and give a sweet gift…or…go fill up the bath and pamper yourself a little. I used this on the back of my hands (rough from the dry winter weather) and they have been so soft the last couple of days! I’m thinking this would be GREAT on the feet!
- If you like the label, feel free to copy the picture below into a word doc and resize as you like.
Have you ever made homemade sugar scrub? If so, share your favorite recipe!