By contributing writer Jordon
Christmas is around the corner! Every year I plan to start my shopping early, but I always put it off till the last minute. Don’t get me wrong – I love shopping. It just seems to be so crazy and packed during the holidays that I find myself saying, “I will go later.”
Well, this year I am going to try and do things a little differently. I want to try and give gifts that I made especially for the person. Hey, it beats the crowds, saves some money, and is made with lots of love!
One of the gifts I decided to make is a candle holder for my sister, but shhhhhh! Don’t tell her! She loves candles and loves color. This Etched Candle Holder is cute and easy to make with a few supplies.
- Cylinder glass vase
- Glass Etching Cream
- Paint Brush
- Plastic gloves
- Colorful Snowflake Stickers (or stickers of choice)
- Candle that fits the vase
1. Make sure the vase is clean and dust free. Apply a very thick layer of glass etching cream on your vase and then use a brush to smooth it out. I put the vase over my fist, and it worked well. You can wear gloves if you want.
2. Leave the glass etching cream on the surface for 15 minutes, rinse off the etching cream under running water, and let it dry.
3. Place the snowflake stickers onto the etched vase and put the candle in.
There you go! A cute, homemade and simple gift. Nothing over the top, not expensive, but a gift they will keep forever and think of you every time they look at it!
Do you have a beautiful homemade Christmas gift idea? Submit blog links here.
Click here to see all of the Homemade Christmas Gifts for 2015.
Leave a Reply