Yesterday I mentioned we are going to remove a built-in in the family room.
When I first sized up the project I thought it would easy-ish. Easier than wallpaper removal, harder than busting up drywall with a sledgehammer.
I carefully removed the glass shelves, glass doors, and modeling around the outside of the cabinet.
I was hoping that we could save the cabinet and use it in a different room.
The molding was a bit of a pain to get off but it came off in good shape.
When I pulled the bottom part of the molding we made a discovery.
The brick under the built-in, well isn’t there. The built-in was built over a hole.
There is also a loose brick at the top of the built-in. I’m sure that behind this brick we’ll find some kind of treasure, I’m just hoping it’s not the furry with a long tail kind.
So, anyway, with all the extra parts removed DH and my son attempt to remove the cabinet, but it is glued to the brick.
Continuation by The Happy Husband…
This is part of our ongoing renovation project for our new home in Florida. Our goal is to be done by Thanksgiving or else. Follow the daily accounts of our real life during this DIY renovation process here.