By contributing writer Jordon
I am so excited for what 2015 has in store. One of my resolutions for 2015 is to be on top of gift giving, whether it be a birthday, special occasion, or hostess gift. I don’t know why, but I always seem to be late in buying gifts.
Sometimes even with my best intentions, I get too busy and completely put off going and picking out a gift for a family member or friend. Life is good, but life is busy! So this year, I am going to be on top of my gift giving. Gifts do not have to be extravagant. Simple can go a long way to show a special person you care.
These Cork Board Signs are a simple and fun DIY gift idea that allows you to be as creative as you want. They are also a great compliment to additional gifts and are a perfect fit for hanging over a bottle of wine.
- 6 x 6 inch Cork Board Squares
- Small buttons
- Hole puncher
- Hot glue gun
- Muslin fabric (or other fabric for flowers)
- A Sharpie
- Punch holes in the top of the cork board (for the ribbon hanger) so you know exactly how much room you have for your saying, letter, or design.
- Plan out how you want to create your cork board. Place the stencils on the board and trace with a Sharpie.
- Add flowers or other design using cut fabric glued onto the cork board. Add buttons if you wish.
- Cut about 7 inches of ribbon. Slide each end through the punched holes and tie a knot, making sure the knot is on the back of the board.
That’s it! Place it over a bottle of wine, give with a coffee mug, or simply give one as a gift. They look great hung on the wall as well.
Happy gift giving! 🙂