By contributing writer Kristen
Christmas is just around the corner, and it is important to remember the reason for the season. This clothespin baby Jesus craft is easy to make and is adorable turned into a gift topper, Christmas ornament, glued on a Christmas card, or given as a gift. This is also a fun activity to do as a family.
- Small wooden balls (found at the craft store)
- Hot glue gun
1. Glue one craft ball onto a clothespin. You will want to glue the ball onto the part of the clothespin you would squeeze. This way you can use the other end to hold a gift tag if needed.
2. Cut out some felt for baby Jesus’ blanket. You choose how long you want the blanket to come down on the clothespin. You will want to be able to wrap the felt around the clothespin 3-4 times.
3. Glue the felt to secure the blanket.
4. Use string or a pipe cleaner to tie the finishing touch on the blanket.
5. Draw a face on baby Jesus. This is a great part for participation from kids.
Your clothespin baby Jesus is complete! Add more embellishments if you think they would look nice. I wanted to keep mine simple. This is what Christmas is all about after all. 🙂
I turned my clothespin baby Jesus craft into a cute gift topper. It’s a great way to show the ones I love why we celebrate this season. The gift tag ribbon attached nicely to the clothespin. This craft would make an adorable Christmas ornament, and can be used in a variety of ways.