I love potatoes, baked, fried, boiled, diced, sliced, and mashed. They are one of my favorite foods. When I was given a Nakano rice vinegar cookbook I took one look at the tangy pan-fried potato recipe and knew I needed to try it and share it with you all. I changed it up a little, but I think you will love it!
Tangy Pan Fried Potatoes
- 3 pounds peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 jalapenos chopped
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Mix the peeled and diced potatoes with the onion, garlic, jalapenos, salt, and paprika.
- Fry on the stove with butter for 15 minutes. Stir frequently and don’t overload your pan. You might need two pans depending on how big of a pan you are using.
- After 15 minutes, add Nakano Rice Vinegar and water. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve. I added some chopped chicken to the potatoes when I added the rice vinegar and water because we were eating it as a meal and not a side.
I loved the flavor the rice vinegar added to the potatoes. It was delicious and everyone who tried it loved this tangy dish. I don’t cook with vinegar very often, but I really loved the taste and think I’ll start using it in more of my recipes.
I think using vinegar as a dressing on vegetables is a great way to get picky eaters to try something new as well. Even one of my non-potato loving kids tried these potatoes and liked them.