With Thanksgiving behind us, it’s time to think about holiday baking. These homemade strawberry jam cookies are both pretty and delicious! They’re perfect for holiday parties and gift giving.
Strawberry Jam Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- Sift the all-purpose flour in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Dice the butter and add it to the flour. Mix together until crumbs form.
- Add in the egg yolks, sugar, and salt. Stir together then add in the vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed until a dough starts forming.
- Lightly flour a working surface and roll out the dough into a large round disc shape. With a cookie cutter, cut out round shapes with a ½-inch hole in the center.
- Cover cookies with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350° F and line a 16-inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place cookies on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Let cookies cool on a rack.
- Spread strawberry jam on the bottoms of the cookies and join them together like a sandwich.