Has this ever happened to you? You suddenly remember that you need to bring a dessert to an event, and you need to leave in an hour.
Growing up, my mother used to make these cookies when we would forget to tell her she was in charge of snack or something like that. These cookies are so delicious, easy to make and you don’t even use the oven.
This is also great when you are craving a sweet treat in the summer and you don’t want to heat up your house. These cookies are also significantly cheaper than purchasing pre-made items. For under $3 you have about 50 to 60 cookies depending on how big you make them.
No Bake Cookies
- 1 Stick of butter you can use margarine
- 2 Cups of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large pot, add the first four ingredients.
- Stir over a low heat until everything is melted.
- Once the ingredients have melted, slightly increase the heat.
- Stir occasionally until the mixture starts to boil. This is what I mean by boiling.
- Boil for one minute, no more, no less.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the vanilla and peanut butter.
- Mix together quickly then add the oats.
- Quickly spoon the mixture onto wax paper. Spoon quickly, the mixture firms up very fast in the pot. They will be ready to eat in about five minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.