by contributing writer Brandy Ferguson.
This whole grain maple pecan bread is delicious fresh out of the oven. Great for breakfasts, snacks, and maybe even dessert, this sweet treat is a delight!
The recipe works great for muffins, too. Just remember to reduce your baking time to about 20 minutes (depending on your oven). Keep a close eye, and remove from oven when tops are nice and golden.
Maple Pecan Bread
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar can use white, sucanat, or even honey
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- In a food processor, mix 3/4 cup of the pecans and 3/4 cup of flour, pulsing until finely ground.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the remaining flour, pecan flour mixture, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, and maple syrup. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in remaining pecans.
- Pour in a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, then rotate the pan. Bake for 30 more minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 325°. Bake for 10 more minutes or so. Bread is done when edges begin to pull away from the pan.
You might also like…
- Banana Nut Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Maple Oat Bread with Cinnamon Swirl
- Paleo Sweet Almond Bread
- Simple Banana Muffins
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.