I don’t know if this is really “Chili Pie” but it’s what I threw together the other night and my whole family devoured it. Not my healthiest meal, but great when you are in a pinch and short on time.
If you don’t have Ranch beans you can substitute kidney, black bean, or even pinto. But ranch are the best. 🙂
To make the tortillas fit I usually cut them into strips for the layers. Use the odd shaped strips for the corners. Baking uncovered makes the last layer of tortillas crispy and delicious!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 can Ranch Style Beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 10 fajita sized flour tortillas
- Brown the ground beef or turkey. (Or if you are like me, pull a bag of frozen browned ground beef from your freezer)
- After the beef is browned add the taco seasoning, 3/4 cup water and the beans with the sauce from the can.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Layer tortillas, meat and bean mixture and then cheese.
- Add one final layer or tortillas and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.
Courses Main Dish