My kids love to help in the kitchen. I love finding recipes that they can help with and that they’ll love to eat. These almond oatmeal breakfast bites make a great quick breakfast or afternoon snack.
Almond Oatmeal Breakfast Bites
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped whole peanuts or almonds
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- MIX almond butter, honey and vanilla in large bowl.
- Stir in oats, wheat germ, almonds, chocolate chips and cinnamon until evenly moistened.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Chill 10 minutes and serve
These breakfast bites are so easy to make and my kids made them almost totally by themselves.
One thing I’ve realized over the past several years is that the more my kids help in the kitchen the more they want to eat what we make. Here are a few things kids can do in the kitchen to help.
- Measure ingredients.
- Pour ingredients.
- Mix batter.
- Spoon out dough.
- Lick the bowl!