By contributing writer Dawn
Fall mean footbal,l and football means snacks. Instead of relying on chips and salsa, I prefer something with a little more sustenance to it. I also prefer to eat dips that compliment raw vegetables rather than just having corn chips.
I created this dip one afternoon when we were expecting company, and it turned out beautifully!
Black Bean Dip
- 2 cups black beans canned or cooked from dry
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste Start with 1/4 teaspoon each. My beans were homemade with no salt added, so I needed about 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until desired consistency. (I prefer it smooth.)
- Top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and green onions if desired.
- Serve with a variety of crackers, corn chips, or fresh raw vegetables.
Find more delicious snack ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.