Summertime means the kids are home all day. If your kids are like mine during the summer they are always hungry. I’ve compiled a list of 20 summer snacks your kids will love.
It seems that with the warm weather, playing outside, and swimming activities, my kids are always asking for snacks. These summer snacks are kid tested and mom approved.
Since my children will literally eat all.day.long I like to keep healthy, or at least some semi-healthy snacks, on hand for the kids to grab when they need them.
Many of these snacks you can prepare ahead of time and keep in the fridge or freezer. Your kids will be able to have self-serve snacks all summer.
Here are a few ideas for homemade summer snacks your kids will love.
- Pinwheels are a simple way to add variety to you kid’s afternoon snack! These turkey, bacon, and ranch wraps look fun for mom and the kids!
- Have you tried fruit on a waffle? These waffle pizzas (made with berries instead of the standard pizza toppings) are a fresh twist this summer.
- Lemon popsicles are refreshing and delicious for a summer snack. This version is creamy and similar to a dreamsicle.
- Blueberry Peach Popsicles have only two ingredients! You’ll be able to put some of these scrumptious treats in the freezer in no time.
- Not that the kids need any extra energy this summer, but these peanut butter energy bites will help curb the sugar monsters!
How about some fun popcorn ideas?
- And if that doesn’t sound good to you how about Chocolate Craisin Popcorn?
- Or maybe Caramel Corn. It’s not just for the holidays.
- This homemade cracker jack recipe looks delicious!
- Watermelon kiwi pops are perfect for a hot summer day! My kids would love these as they float around the pool!
- If you are looking for something healthier these simple and super easy banana muffins make a good snack.
- Even my pickiest eater would love strawberries when they look like little lady bugs!
- Try this new take on the simple apple with peanut butter. My kids would scarf these ups!
Summer Sweet Snacks
- If you need a cold treat we love these Vanilla Wafer Sandwiches. This idea comes from my grandmother and I love how easy and inexpensive they are to keep on hand in the freezer.
- How fun are these banana cream cones! My kids will love them!
- These Cranberry Coconut Breakfast Cookies would work for anytime of day for a snack.
- How cute are these sheep graham crackers?
- Have you tried a s’mores pop? My kids love s’mores and here’s a great to serve them when you aren’t around the campfire.
- I’m might keep these dipped oreo pops for myself!
- Here’s another super easy popsicle idea! Kids will love these berry pops on a hot day!
- And No Bake Cookies are always a treat.
What summertime snacks does your family love?
This is a post from contributing writer Lynn.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.