So good you’ll think your grandmother made them! These rolls are delicious and take about 40 minutes from start to finish including baking time. The recipe makes about 10 rolls.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 stick butter (softened)
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together the dough dry ingredients.
- Then cut in the butter.
- Add milk until the dough is a bit sticky.
- Put on a floured surface and roll out.
- Spread filling on the on the rolled out dough. (Butter first, then sugar, then cinnamon.)
- Use as much or as little as you want.
- Roll up and slice into rolls.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes, less if you are using white flour.
- You can bake them on a cookie sheet, 9×13 casserole pan, or round cake pan. If you are using 100% wheat flour it is better to use a pan with sides as the rolls have a tendency to spread out a little more.
- While rolls are baking, mix together butter and cream cheese.
- Then add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add milk until you get a consistency that can be drizzled on the cinnamon rolls.
- When the rolls are finished drizzle with frosting.
Editor’s note: These do not taste like Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. They are more biscuit like in taste, but they are delicious!