Wondering what to make for dinner? Check out my family’s favorite crock pot recipes for great dinner ideas!
I want to share with you a very simple crock pot roast recipe that is perfect for Christmas Day. Instead of working all day in the kitchen, you can spend 10 minutes adding the ingredients to the crock pot and enjoy the rest of the day with your family. This is a delicious meal, and I can assure you there will be very little leftover.
- 1 Pot Roast or Chuck Roast (boneless)
- ½ Onion chopped
- 2 Bullion cubes
- 2 Cups water
- Carrots (chopped)
- 1 bag Tasteful Selections Sunrise Medley Potatoes
- In a hot pan, sear the roast on each side for about a minute.
- Add roast to the crock pot with the ½ chopped onion, 2 bullion cubes (crushed) and 2 cups of water. You want to make sure you are covering most of the roast, so adjust the amount of water to the size of your roast and crock pot.
- Set the crock pot on high and cook for 1 hour. Then reduce the temperature to low.
- After the roast has been cooking for 3 hours, add the carrots and the potatoes. Cook on low for another 3 hours or until the roast falls apart.
A word about the potatoes. I was given a few bags of the Tasteful Selections potatoes to try. I was hesitant at first because, really- isn’t a potato a potato? You load it up with butter, salt and sour cream and you have a meal! Well, I was wrong. These small potatoes from Tasteful selections are have a lot of flavor, you don’t need to add a lot of salt or butter to make them taste good. They are excellent in this crock pot roast recipe because they come prewashed and their small size means no cutting. They also come in purple…. and that is just cool, especially if you have little boys.
You can print a $0.50 off coupon for Tasteful Selections at Coupons.com.