A good homemade dinner is easy to serve with this Crock Pot Beef Stew with Chickpeas recipe. You just throw it all together in the slow cooker, set the dial, and it’s perfectly cooked at meal time.
All the veggies in this dish really meld flavors well so that the kids don’t find the flavors too strong or overpowering. The chickpeas keep their amazing texture while the meat melts in your mouth.
My favorite part about this recipe is that I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. When beef stew meat goes on sale, I stock up. Then I pick up a jar of gravy, and I’m ready for an easy meal that is prepped in minutes.
I really think the secret ingredient is the Worcestershire sauce. It adds richness and boldness to the stew and really highlights the savory meat.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Chickpeas
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 jar Heinz Homestyle Gravy
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 1 white or yellow onion peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 12 ounce bag of baby carrots
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Use empty gravy jar and fill with water. Add the water to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 - 6 hours (or low for 6 - 8 hours).